Tuesday 26 February 2008

Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!


We did it! We won the Carling Cup by beating Chelsea. Absolutely brilliant. I watched the game at my father-in-laws house and could not bear to sit still and watch it. They were all rather amused that I watched the last 10 mins or so from behind the door like a scared child! Well done Ramos, just the UEFA cup to win now.

I managed a training session at the pool on Sunday night, which I was rather pleased with myself about. I didn't go in my usual lane, but a lane where I could cope with the times and had enough rest between sets (thanks for having me - mum!). Trying to get back into as much swimming as I can cope with as it will hopefully help my mobility in the long term.

It was Nathan's birthday yesterday and he was spoilt as per usual. We went out for a nice meal with my family which was lovely. We have still got to choose his present from me as he wants a golf putter and I wouldn't have a clue where to start. Not 30 yet honey!

Well, it's been 5 days since I finished the steroids and I am feeling better than I did on Saturday when I wrote my last post. My skin is still a little sore around my middle, but the elf is not squeezing as tight as it was. My legs still have a strange numbness about them, which gets worse at night but I can cope with that. The good news is that my walking is much stronger, and I can stand for longer periods. I just hope that it stays that way when the steroids leave my system. I am feeling much more optimistic now and can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I went into school yesterday and had a meeting with my headteacher and bursar to discuss what adjustments they could make at school to make it easier for me to get back into work.......with great results. I AM MOVING CLASSROOMS! My classroom is currently on the top floor of a building where our playground and school hall are on the lower level. So to reduce the number of times I have to negotiate the stairs, I am doing a classroom swap on Thursday. The classroom we are moving to is much smaller and has a funny smell about it but I do have less display boards to cover in the room (and never being one for being arty and creative it's good news!). I have been in this morning and got lots of assessment bits and bobs done. But the best bit is.....my legs coped with it! I was able to walk around quite a bit and legs are still ok now and not too tired. Long may it continue.

Oooh, a bit of news.....watch out for me in a national magazine shortly.......will let you all know when and where as soon as I know....

xxx

No comments:

An insight to my life with MS