Wednesday 20 February 2008

IV Steroids

Hey guys,

Well I'm on day 2 of my IV steroids and seem to be having a good response to them so far........! Fingers crossed! For those of you that don't know what the steroids do I'll try to explain it. They feed them straight into the vein (intravenously) for an hour a day over 3 consecutive days. They only help you recover from a relapse quicker than you would do without them. They also only help you recover to the extent you would do anyway without them. So if you are likely to suffer from effects of the relapse the symptoms may disappear temporarily with the steroids but may return after they leave your system. So now it's just a waiting game. The elf seems to be loosening it's grip though so that is some relief, perhaps he's losing his energy!

I have had a really lovely week so far, it's half term so I'm not expected in school anyway. I have caught up with 2 old school friends, which has been lovely. I have been to my physio balance group and now I am off to have my hair done. I am off for a meeting with Occupational Health tomorrow morning to find out how I'm going to get back into work so I'll let you know how I get on with that. I am also meeting my favourite teaching assistant for lunch on Friday. Looks like I'll be having a quiet weekend as well as Nathan is off to watch Wales V Italy in the 6 nations on saturday. I'll be cheering on the mighty Spurs in the Carling cup final!

Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

An insight to my life with MS