Saturday 23 February 2008

Ouch ouch ouch!

Good morning all!

I bet you're all wondering why this blog is called ouch ouch ouch!? (or maybe not!) Well the last couple of times I have had IV steroids, I notice that I finish the treatment on the Thursday and by the Saturday morn (now) my skin is so so sore to touch. I could feel it getting more and more uncomfortable throughout the night, so much so it hurt to turn over. I had to even turn the power down on the shower this morn because it felt like shards if glass raining down on me. Nothing a few painkillers won't help!

So I have the day to myself today, what to do? Well, firstly I have to get my planning done for my supply teacher next week, then I think it will be an afternoon in front of the six nations, 3 games in a row. Nathan has gone to see Wales V Italy in Cardiff and having turned up to get the train this morning, found out that there were no trains running so is on a bus! We had to pop to casualty last night to get his ankle x-rayed (after he dropped some scrap metal on it last week at work). Luckily, there doesn't appear to be a break, so he has gone to drink the pain away!


Well, I saw Occupational Health this week and they didn't really tell me anymore than I knew already. I felt like I was making the suggestions to them and they were just agreeing. They agree that my classroom needs to be moved downstairs so I don't have to negotiate the stairs at school more than I need to, but also to keep my classroom at a reasonable temperature. They have also suggested I get in touch with 'Access to Work', which I have heard good things about and they may be able to help with more suggestions to get me back into work full time again.


I don't know if any of you watch Neighbours, but they are currently covering a story line where Susan Kennedy has got MS. I am watching with interest as she is mainly suffering with extreme fatigue, and dizzy spells and pins and needles in her hand. She has already blacked out in a car and run someone over, so there is obviously something not quite right. Although I don't suffer with extreme fatigue and blackouts, I know there are people out there who do.

I thought I'd take this chance to introduce my snoring partner for the day - she snores so loudly! So here is our 4 year old cat Jazz. She may look sweet and innocent but looks can be deceiving!!!!




Have a nice day,
Emma x

No comments:

An insight to my life with MS