Wednesday 11 February 2009

I have wheels, lovely lovely wheels!

Hello all,

Have posted below about some trials into MS so go and take a gander if you are interested. Well well well, what can I say? So much has happened with my frame of mind over the last couple of weeks. About a month ago, my mum suggested that I go into town and use one of the mobility scooters to try them out. I said NO WAY quite adamantly, 2 weeks later I found myself on one. To me, in my head they were for larger or older people, not a 27 year old young mum. When I spoke to my MS nurse about this, he said I had to use my stubbornness to get myself out and about, as scary as it might seem. So I found myself on the phone booking a free scooter at a shopping centre. At first I was a bit embarrassed, but when I realised no one was staring a me, I was fine. The only problem I found was that some shops are not designed for scooters and are a little tight. You end up nearly taking racks of clothes out or knocking over rails! And reversing is a whole different matter.......try going forward into a lift and then getting out of it beeping like a reversing lorry!!!! So I am seriously considering buying a scooter. Watch this space.

I HAVE BOUGHT A CAR! By continuing on the theme of getting out and about I have redeemed my disability living allowance mobility component against a new car. I am hoping to get hand controls so when my legs are having an off day, I can still get out and about. Here is the link for those of you who are interested in it :
http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/NewFiesta?campaignid=Fiesta&advertiserid=Google&bannerid=Ford_Fiesta

It is a 3dr and magenta on the pic but I have ordered a 5dr automatic in bright blue.

My Physio team have also given me a rollator walking frame (as pictured below) for around the house but I think I will probably use it around and about.

Ava is crying so must go and make milk!
Take care,
Emma x

No comments:

An insight to my life with MS