Saturday 8 March 2008

The weekend is here!

Hi guys,

Well I've just about made it through another week where I taught 3 mornings, an afternoon and a whole day. I'm very impressed with my achievements this week. Am finally feeling much stronger after my horrible relapse over Christmas.

I started my second balance group with our lovely neuro - physios on Monday this week. I have attended one before but I wasn't supposed to be on it (someone pulled out) so I didn't do the first session. In this session they test your balance skills (standing to sitting without using hands, standing on one leg, standing with your eyes closed), and how fast you can walk to someone and how many steps you use. The idea being that on the last session of the 8 week course they test you again to see how much you have improved (well hopefully have improved!). I do feel a little bit like a fraud because there are some other people there who obviously struggle more than I do. Then I remember that the Physio's asked me to go for a reason - they obviously think they can help me. I am just grateful for the all the help I am being offered and will grab it all with both hands.

Well my mother is off galavanting at swimming camp in Lanzarote for the week, I'm not at all jealous or anything (Mum, stop sending me texts about how hot it is and how much of a good time you are having!). Our swimming club goes every year, but I have only managed to get out there twice in my lifetime because they go during the first week of March and for the last 5 years I have been teaching and obviously can't just leave my class! They will all come back tanned and super fit after swimming for 4 hours a day (well some of them do 4 hrs!!!) as well as all the free exercise classes they attend. Training is very quiet without you all, but I managed to gatecrash poor Bob's (quite a bit older than me!) lane on Thursday because everyone else squashed in the other lanes. Enjoy yourselves!

Well I'd better love you and leave you as my mini-reports for forthcoming parents evenings are calling my name, take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma, welcome to the world of M.S. Bloggers. I look forward to following your story. Kim (from Sunshine and Moonlight).

Anonymous said...

HI Emma. I know what you mean about feeling like a fraud - I still do a lot of horseback riding (and jumping) and I work out when I can. I have had people come up to me and say "I thought you had MS". I tell them I do and they just caught me on a good day. Do what you can when you can! And don't feel guilty about it! You have a good attitude and that is a big part of the battle. Keep it up! : ) Keli

An insight to my life with MS